It is prestigious news that Tamil Nadu weightlifter Sathish Sivalingam has become the second from the state to qualify for the Rio Olympics, after paddler Sharath Kamal has did it sometime back; it was the turn of Vellore born weightlifter to snatch a berth in the men's 77 kg category.
Satish has told that his earlier record was of 150kg which was set by him last year during the Commonwealth weightlifting championships held in Pune and the moment he has entered the trial, the confidence levels were high and much like any other discipline, weightlifting too is about having a good momentum and rhythm.
Satish has also added that his father was a weightlifter himself and has won medals at the national level as well and he could relate to the emotions that he was going through once he has secured the berth.
Sathish has felt that he would take a lot of inspiration from the likes of Karnam Malleshwari, who is the only lifter from India to have won a medal at the Olympics and it is important to be best prepared for an event of this magnitude.
#KXIPvRR - KXIP won by 12 runs in a close encounter Rajasthan Royals are flying high as they won against Mumbai Indians recently and they took on Kings XI Punjab at Mohali. Rahane won the toss and opted to bowl. Both teams made 3 changes. Everyone anticipated the clash between R Ashwin and Jos Butler.
- India announces 15 Member World Cup Squad - No place for Pant, Rayudu!
- Indian Squad for Cricket World Cup 2019 is Now Announced
- Cricketer arrested accused of rape!
- #KKRvCSK - It would take at least 2 weeks for any team to get near CSK in points table
- MS Dhoni gets a new record!
- Dhoni gets no ban?
- #RRvCSK - CSK Rampage continues as they thrash Rajasthan Royals
- #MIvKXIP - KL Rahul hits Ton in vain as Pollard bludgeons 83 and Mumbai Indians chase the highest target in Wankhede
- #CSKvKKR - Chennai Super Kings taste yet another Victory at Chepauk
- #KXIPvSRH - Sunrisers Hyderabad Lose another low-scoring match!
- Kohli's RCB is the first IPL team to lose first six matches in a row since 2013
- Why a Mankad "attempt" from Krunal to Dhoni?
- #DCvSRH - Sunrisers secure an easy victory against DC
- Will KL Rahul miss World Cup due to failures in IPL 2019?
- #MIvCSK - CSK loses due to Dhoni's slow innings!