Saradhadevi in Sringeri: The Sringeri Vidya Peeth which is very famous for the Goddess Saraswathi and it is in the Karnataka district. The great personality Adi Shankaracharya used to see the wonder that a snake is been giving shelter to the frog which is suffering from the labor pains. Then he became very anxious and decided to construct a Peetham in that place. That is called as the Srungeri Peetham. There the Goddess Saraswathi is been made with the sandal wood and later on the idol is changed to the gold by the next predecessor Vidyaranyulu.
Saraswathi in Kuthanur: Besides Andhra and Karnataka there is also another temple in Tamilnadu called Kuthanur. The devotees believe that the Goddess the incarnations of Aadi Parashakti in Calcutta is formed as Sree Mahalaxmi in Maharashtra and as Saraswathi in this place. The goddess is been seated on a white lotus flower and had a symbol in one hand and the remaining three hands consists of the Aksharamala, Talapatra Grandham, Amruta Kalasam. It is a well known habit that those who wish to learn music place the instruments before the Goddess and start their learning.
Why Maasi month is so special? Accordingly the full moon day in the month of Maasi with star Magam is Maasi Magam. This year Maasi Magam is on 18th February. As it is Masi Magam is considered an auspicious day and special poojas are performed in all the temples on this day. Maasi Magam is celebrated as Mahamagam once in 12 years when Jupiter (Guru) transits in Leo in the month of Maasi (when Sun is in Aquarius (kumbha raasi ), on the full moon day with Magam star. This is the south Indian equivalent of Kumbh Mela.
- Use this simple trick to attract Goddess Lakshmi
- Lighting Lamps before God by evening eradicates problems
- Auspicious Masi Magam removes all afflictions
- Science behind Indian Women wearing Toe Ring
- Please Lord Shani Dev by offering Mustard Oil on Saturdays
- Worshiping Sai Baba on Thursday is auspicious
- Importance of Maasi Magam
- Importance of Thai Month in Tamilnadu
- Why Hindus don't eat Beef?
- Customs & Celebrations of Thai Pongal
- What does the Nei thenga (Ghee filled Coconut) and the Nei Abhishekam Signifies?
- How to celebrate Tamil Month Aadi 18
- Karthigai Deepam: Extension of Diwali
- Which God to worship on Diwali?
- Purattasi Month Saturdays auspicious days for Wealth Creation