Washington sources reported that an American federal judge could rule as early as Thursday whether to order the Department of Homeland Security to stop arresting undocumented immigrants who come to government offices for interviews as part of applying for green cards. Meanwhile US District Judge Mark Wolf heard testimony from people who had been unexpectedly detained when they sat for marriage interviews as part of the application process to prove that their marriages to US citizens were legitimate.
As per report “Emails entered as evidence in the case show what appear to be efforts between US Citizenship and Immigration Services employees and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) employees to coordinate the interview appointments and arrests”. Moreover there are five couples named in the suit, each consisting of an undocumented immigrant married to a US citizen and attorneys for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) say there are other couples in the New England area who are facing similar situations.
Meanwhile the ACLU and attorneys at the firm WilmerHale have asked for the
injunction to apply to the Boston ICE office’s region, the impact could be felt
nationwide. Matt Segal, an ACLU attorney “The reason that these arrests
happened according to ICE itself is President Trump’s (January 2017) executive
order and that is an executive order that is nationwide”.
UN body says Many Indians are becoming fatter, many unnourished United Nations stated that More Indians are getting fatter but fewer are undernourished as the nation goes from lessening the impact of hunger to developing the new health issue of obesity, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization. The number of obese adults has gone up in India from 24.1 million in 2012 to 32.8 million in 2016, according to The State of Food Security and Nutrition
- 9 employees of Indian restaurant detained by ICE raid
- Joe Biden fortifies US collective capabilities with India
- House of Representatives passed legislation for decades-long backlog of green cards
- Pink City Jaipur made an official entry in the list of UNESCO World Heritage
- NRIs can get Aadhaar Card within 180 days
- Indians among fastest growing nationalities of foreign students in UK
- Kamala Harris participated in 2019 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Modi, Trump & Shinzo discussed about peace & security
- India and US on Wednesday vowed to work as Friends
- 250 migrant children moved from an overcrowded border station in US state of Texas
- Virat Kohli is in 100 World's Highest paid list of athletes
- Will US consider caps on H1B visas for India?
- Ranveer Made his commentary debut in 2019 World Cup
- Donald Trump again taken aim at India tariffs on Harley Davidson motorcycles
- Barack Obama appreciated Sikh for wearing Rainbow turban