New York sources reported that authorities have arrested a man who had worked at a store in the city’s suburb of East Orange and charged him with the murder of Tarlok Singh, the Sikh who owned the shop, according to the local prosecutor’s office. Accordingly the Essex County prosecutor’s office announced the arrest of Roberto Ubiera, 55, on Tuesday.
Meanwhile Singh, 55, was found dead with stab wounds on Friday morning inside his store, Park Deli and Grocery, in the New Jersey town. Furthermore NJ Advance Media quoted officials as saying that Ubeiro had done odd jobs at the store and Ubiera is in custody and is to be produced in court on Thursday.
Moreover the killing of Singh was the third attack
on Sikhs in three weeks in the US that sent shock waves through the community,
where only two of them have been solved so far. Furthermore Ubeiro is a Latino.
A teen arrested in the August 6 attack on Sahib Singh Natt in Manteca,
California, is Tyrone McAllister, 18, the African American son of a police
chief, Darryl McAllister of Union City. Moreover in both cases they have not
been charged with hate crime. According to a TV channel Malhi said they
shouted, “Go back to your country,” beat him and spray-painted his truck with a
white nationalist symbol and wrote “go back to your country” on it.
UN body says Many Indians are becoming fatter, many unnourished United Nations stated that More Indians are getting fatter but fewer are undernourished as the nation goes from lessening the impact of hunger to developing the new health issue of obesity, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization. The number of obese adults has gone up in India from 24.1 million in 2012 to 32.8 million in 2016, according to The State of Food Security and Nutrition
- 9 employees of Indian restaurant detained by ICE raid
- Joe Biden fortifies US collective capabilities with India
- House of Representatives passed legislation for decades-long backlog of green cards
- Pink City Jaipur made an official entry in the list of UNESCO World Heritage
- NRIs can get Aadhaar Card within 180 days
- Indians among fastest growing nationalities of foreign students in UK
- Kamala Harris participated in 2019 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Modi, Trump & Shinzo discussed about peace & security
- India and US on Wednesday vowed to work as Friends
- 250 migrant children moved from an overcrowded border station in US state of Texas
- Virat Kohli is in 100 World's Highest paid list of athletes
- Will US consider caps on H1B visas for India?
- Ranveer Made his commentary debut in 2019 World Cup
- Donald Trump again taken aim at India tariffs on Harley Davidson motorcycles
- Barack Obama appreciated Sikh for wearing Rainbow turban