Chennai sources have stated that Chief Minister Jayalalitha’s poll promise of providing 100 units of electricity free for all domestic consumers have raised hopes among the people when she assumed charge in May, but their hopes have been dashed.
Meanwhile a senior official of TANGEDCO has said the implementation of the scheme had burdened the State exchequer with an additional Rs. 1,607 crore, as 1.35 crore domestic consumers out of 1.90 crore consumers would not be paying any electricity charges.
The residents in the city believed that the free 100 units would be subtracted from the total units used before arriving at the charge payable in some instances, thus enabling one to slip below the 500 units’ threshold. At present, consumers using above 500 units are paying a maximum of Rs. 6.60 per unit while those in the bottom of the pile at 100 units, pay only Rs. 2 a unit.
However, officials of the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) placed the free units in the lowest slab, allowing a concession of Rs. 200 for those using between 201 units and 500 units and a maximum benefit of Rs. 350 for those using more than 500 units.
Employees of TCS disappointed after company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years Reportedly some senior employees at Tata Consultancy Services were left disappointed when the company gifted them wrist watches on completion of 50 years. A number of vertical heads, who were expecting cash bonus or Tata products such as jewelry, homes, and cars, got Titan wrist watches instead, reported The Hindu. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) announced its long-awaited 50th-anniversary gift for its employees
- Jio Digital Fibre rising about Rs 27,000 crore to fund expansion
- Uber Technologies Inc. & its bankers will hit road this month
- Jet Airways fights to keep flying
- Jet Airways assured Indian Oil Corporation of payment of dues, Indian Oil restored oil supply
- Zomato service contributes about three-fourth to overall revenue
- Ratan Tata says it is hard to understand a Business Leader
- Manufacturing PMI showing strong momentum in last few months
- Titan to venture its business in jewelry business
- By March 31 Essar Steel Lenders likely to get payment
- DLF Shares falls 4%
- Medlife, Zoomcar, ixigo Partner with GrabOn for Cricket Fantasy League
- Why Reliance pledged 12.50 Crore shares with IndusInd Bank?
- Why Jet Airways Pilots & Captains attended Interview in SpiceJet?
- Oil prices hovered just below 2019 highs by producer club OPEC
- Sebi earliest decided to discontinue category of sub-brokers as market intermediaries